Let NY Vote (formerly Easy Elections NY) is a statewide coalition of grassroots groups and legacy organizations working together to modernize NY's voting laws. Our mission is to ensure that common-sense solutions are passed to protect and expand the freedom to vote for every eligible New Yorker.
Collectively, we identified the need for an online space that would include information, toolkits and a shared calendar to help us all support each other’s voting reform efforts and bring more voices into the fight.
If you'd like to be a coalition parter and receive strategy updates or help in planning and mobilizing your community, click "Become a Parter" to become involved.
Early Voting is necessary because:
• Working New Yorkers, parents and students will get a chance to cast their ballot when it's convenient. No one should have to choose between their job and casting their vote.
• Voters who are seniors or disabled and need to arrange for assistance getting to the polls will have the opportunity to do so.
• Voting would be more accessible for all eligible citizens across New York State, whether they live in a rural area, suburban town or crowded city.
• It isn’t a Democrat or Republican idea: 37 other states and D.C. have it, so why not NY?
• Early voting would ease pressure on poll sites and workers, save time on Election Day, reduce registration errors, and improve voter satisfaction.
Visit Let NY Vote website
Get to know more on Twitter
Share on Facebook
Check Events Calendar
Taking the fight to the next level on Thursday March 22 & March 27, 2018:
No one should have to choose between their job, their personal responsibilities and their vote.
It’s time for New York to join the 27 states that allow Early Voting! Governor Cuomo & the Assembly put $7 million in their budgets for early voting but now we need to make sure the State Senate hears the demand of the people:New York needs Early Voting now!
Your members in New York can make sure our leaders get the message that we expect them to keep money for Early Voting in the budget! Here are some key dates and next steps to engage your members:
Thursday, March 22nd Early Voting Twitter Town Hall
Join Let NY Vote for a Twitter Town Hall to answer questions about Early Voting. Susan Lerner (@Slerner212), Executive Directions of Common Cause NY will answer your questions about why we need Early Voting,
how we've come this far in the fight to fund it, where we are now, and what we can do to pass it into law NY this year.
Tweet your questions, your personal voting stories and your thoughts about Early Voting to @LetNYvote.
Tuesday, March 27th National Thunderclap
Join the coalition’s thunderclap to help amplify the need for 21st-century democracy in New York starts with funding for Early Voting.
Wednesday, March 28th Call in Day
Together we can deliver on the promise of a 21st-century democracy in New York. Check out our messaging packet with additional information.
If you have any questions feel free to contact
Getachew Kassa at email@example.com
or Susan Lerner at firstname.lastname@example.org.