Grassroots Mobilizing and Communications Intern
The Democracy Initiative, a dynamic network of 63 organizations, representing 35 million members, is seeking a talented communications and mobilization intern to join our team. Working under the supervision of the Director of Communications and Digital Media, the Communications Intern will assist with message development and implementation, social media engagement, and online mobilizations for our diverse issue partners.
Core work includes but is not limited to:
- Conducting research and writing for blog posts, email blasts, and social media
- Digital Campaigning by creating, planning, and sharing online actions
- Compiling content for the DI’s weekly update on legislation and actions (state and national)
- Collaborating with team members and Di partner groups on Democracy Initiative related projects and campaigns
- Providing technical support to partner groups communications
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience with social media management and crafting serial content for social media
- Organized as well as excellent writing and editing skills
- Creative, flexible and a problem solver
- Independent focused and self-motivated with the willingness to flexible hours (possibly including nights and weekends)
- Strong communication, administrative
- Reflect the values of progressive social change principles
- Experience with Microsoft office suite and online tools
- Visual design skills desired
Launched in 2013, the Democracy Initiative works towards a bright future in which all Americans participate fully and freely in the democratic process. We believe that the voice of every citizen should be heard and counted, so all of us have an equal say in a democracy that is of, by, and for the people. Our endorsing organizations pursue a diverse range of progressive goals, including civil rights, workers’ rights, women’s rights, and climate justice, but we know that success in any of these areas depends on reforming our democracy.
The Democracy Initiative is an equality opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit applications before January 26, 2018.