View / Share Online
Our highlighted issues, actions, and events in the democracy movement this week—Please share widely.
DEMOCRACY ON THE
BALLOT: SPECIAL EDITION
Our partner and ally Bend the Arc Pittsburgh, alongside Pittsburgh Jewish Leaders, sent an open letter to President Trump denouncing his dangerous and white supremacist rhetoric, and its contribution to the murders of the past week. Bend the Arc is also asking those standing in solidarity to add their signature to the Pittsburgh Jewish Leaders' list of demands.
- The DI has begun compiling a host of resources, actions, and events from partners and priority campaigns, which will be updated as we draw closer to the midterms.
- Democracy is on the Ballot BISC report on ballot initiatives: 20% of voters drop off before voting the whole ballot. Tell your members to VOTE ALL THE WAY. ALL THE WAY DOWN THE BALLOT. It has never mattered more.
TAKE ACTION WITH OUR PRIORITY CAMPAIGNS
EVERYONE VOTES MARYLAND & BALTIMORE FAIR ELECTIONS
- We need 500 volunteers for Everyone Votes Maryland and Baltimore Fair Elections to phone-bank, poll watch, and more!
- Visit the campaigns social media pages to share and boost their work.
- Recruit members to join one of the Clean Missouri coalition's virtual phone banking events by visiting this site for a brief training:
- Saturday, November 3, 5:00pm-8:00pm CST
- Sunday, November 4, 2:00pm-5:00pm & 5:00pm-8:00pm CST
- Monday, November 5, 2:00pm-5:00pm & 5:00pm-8:00pm CST
- Election Day, November 6, 2:00pm-6:00pm CST
- Clean Missouri needs volunteers: can you commit your state members to volunteer? Click here for the coalition's sample volunteer email.
- Use this toolkit to recruit volunteers and promote Amendment 1 on social media.
In related news, a ruling this morning by the Missouri Court of Appeals is another victory in the Clean Missouri Coalition's ongoing fight against Missouri’s photo ID law.
PARTNER ACTIONS & TOOLS FOR THE MIDTERMS
- DI partner Arab American Institute needs 200 volunteers to commit to phone banking for Florida’s Amendment 4 - the Voting Restoration Amendment - because voting restoration is one of the many election reforms needed to protect our democracy, a policy priority in AAI's Advocacy Road Map. Sign up here to phone bank with AAI on Thursday, November 1 from 5:30pm - 8:30pm EST.
- DI partner LGBTQ Task Force has launched their #QueerTheVote campaign website. They've compiled four state specific (c)(4) tool-kits (FL, MA, MI, NC), including Amendment 4 ballot messaging.
ELECTION PROTECTION OPPORTUNITIES
With just one week left until the midterm election, we are again calling on our partners and allies to spread the word to their members: The Election Protection Coalition urgently needs poll monitors during early voting and on Election Day, and volunteers with legal experience to work the hotline.
Selected democracy news from the past week.