Our highlighted issues, actions, and events in the democracy movement this week—Please share widely.
Below are important ways for you to help in Florida, from your own couch!
- Help spread the word about our Yes on 4 Early Voting Ice Cream Socials in partnership with Ben & Jerry's.
- Recruit people to attend the Super-Saturday canvas day this Saturday, October 20.
- Recruit remote callers, based anywhere in the country, especially for the October 27 Day of Action Call Parties.
- Amplify the campaign’s social media posts on Twitter and Facebook.
To date, the Second Chances Florida campaign has contacted more than 1 million voters, via text, phone calls, and at the door. Vote-by-mail in Florida has started! Early voting starts as early as next Monday in many counties. With just three weeks left until Election Day, here are ways that we can all help ensure that Second Chances Florida passes Amendment 4—to restore the eligibility to vote to 1.4 million people.
We're asking our partners to urge their members to get involved in Election Day organizing in their communities, like volunteering with the Election Protection Coalition as a poll monitor.
- Sample recruitment emails can be found here. Everyone that signs up will get a follow up email listing upcoming trainings, legal command center information, and confirmation of election day assignments.
- You can download social media graphics are available here.
Sierra Club is also pushing a Tuesday, October 23 Phone Banking event for Proposals 2 and 3 in Michigan from 6-8pm EDT. Sign up here.
SIERRA CLUB UNVEILS GET OUT THE VOTE VIDEO WITH GEN Z ACTIVISTS
DI partner Sierra Club partners with filmmaker Darren Aronofsky to produce a GOTV video that asks 15 Generation Z activists what they're voting for this election. Share the video on all social media channels as you prepare to mobilize your lists!
- Trump administration attempts to curtail Free Speech in Washington D.C. parks.
- Report finds just 100 companies responsible for 71 percent of all global emissions.