GRASSROOTS MOBILIZING INTERN
Position: Grassroots Mobilizing Intern
Length of Position: August 2019 – December 2019
Pay Salary: $15 an hour (30 hours a week)
Email resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Democracy Initiative, a dynamic network of 72 organizations, representing 45 million members, is seeking a talented Grassroots Mobilizing Intern to join our team. Working under the supervision of the campaign team, the Grassroots Mobilizing Intern will assist with message development, organizing campaigns, training, and mobilizing democracy issues to our partners. This is a paid internship.
Core work includes but is not limited to:
- Compiling content for the DI’s Weekly Update on legislation and actions (state and national)
- Collaborating with team members and DI partner groups on Democracy Initiative related projects and campaigns
- Participate in organizing activities and social media trends
- Develop strategies and tactics on democracy issues
- Attend various mobilizing meetings and take notes during the meetings.
- Provide outreach and engagement support to campaigns.
- Assist in organizing training
Qualifications & Experience:
- Passionate about democracy reforms
- Experience in campaigns (can be a school election)
- Organized, as well as excellent writing and editing skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Creative, flexible and a problem solver
- Independent focused and self-motivated with the willingness to flexible hours (possibly including nights and weekends)
- Strong communication, administrative skills
- Reflect the values of progressive social change principles
- Experience with Microsoft office suite and online tools
- Expert in social media
- Bilingual desired but not required
- Visual design skills desired
Launched in 2013, the Democracy Initiative works towards a bright future in which all Americans participate fully and freely in the democratic process. We believe that the voice of every citizen should be heard and counted, so all of us have an equal say in a democracy that is of, by, and for the people. Our endorsing organizations pursue a diverse range of progressive goals, including civil rights, workers’ rights, women’s rights, and climate justice, but we know that success in any of these areas depends on reforming our democracy.
The Democracy Initiative is an equality opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment.
Please send a cover letter highlighting what democracy means to you, a writing sample (max 4 pages) and resume to email@example.com.